Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 2: Recap

{ Weigh in date: Saturday, March 30, 2013 }
{ Results: +3 lbs }

Well, crap.

I did not see this one coming. Okay...maybe a little, considering we were "on holiday" last week at my in-laws and that equates to snacking, snacking, snacking. And cocktails. And we got 8 inches of snow the second day we were there, so I pretty much just phoned in the rest of the week. And I paid for it this morning when I stepped on the scale.

Today I am working on getting my menus and my tracking in order and figuring out how to work in weekly work-outs and my gosh, I am overwhelmed! I want to hit my goal weight by June 30, which to me - the master of procrastination - seems like plenty of time, but I tend to see-saw so much from week to week, that it makes me anxious and sweaty and overwhelmed. 

 And then I stopped and stepped back and said to myself, stop looking at the big picture. The big picture always overwhelms me because I have such big plans. And sometimes my plans are unrealistic, although I think that 1.5 lbs a week is not unrealistic. And sometimes life gets very much in the way of what I want to accomplish.  HOWEVER, if I take it one week at a time, that's not so overwhelming. And if I break it down even further, one small change each day - whether it's 15 minutes of weights before I make the bed in the morning or skipping a snack that I don't really need - no matter how healthy - one small concession each day will make 1.5 lbs a week attainable.
Goals for this week:
  1. Plan dinners for the next 2 weeks, complete with points and in pencil so I can change my mind if life gets in the way!  
  2. Walk 3 times - weights 3 times.
  3. No alcohol   No excuses - last week was indulgent.  This week, I am going to best friends with Betty Ford.
And also, I'd really like to beat my April miles from last year, which was 66.2 miles!  (I think I did nothing but walk last spring!)
Here's to starting a new week on a hopeful and realistic foot! 



{ Life-Style Changes so far }
  • {Multi-Vitamin every day} - so far so good, I just keep them by my bed and take one before I go to sleep at night.  I do not like to take them in the morning because they don't sit well in my belly and tend to make me feel like throwing up.  I hate to throw up, so I just take mine before bed.
  • {No caffeine after 12pm} - the days I cheat and have a Diet Pepsi in the afternoon, I am absolutely dying for the rest of the evening.  I could snack my way to bed time and beyond!  The days that I stick hard and fast to my rule, I have a much easier time controlling those cravings.
  • {Water, water, water!}  - I just keep a glass of ice water full on the counter in a large mason jar.  It's fun to drink out of (I even have to share with Finn sometimes, but that's okay, I'm pretty sure he doesn't backwash too much!).  Sometimes I add a lemon or a lime, but mostly I just drink it plain.  And I thought I'd be peeing a lot more, but I guess my body really needs water, because I don't feel like I'm excessively running to the potty!
  • {Exercise 3 times a week} - this one is getting easier now that the weather isn't ridiculously cold.  Also, my back has started to bother me again, so it is imperative that I get out and move for a couple of miles each day in order to get that beast under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment